Whenever a baby is born, there is a sudden wave of happiness in the whole family and everyone starts caring for him. Starting from the food, clothes , pack and play , stroller … everything is taken care of.
Among all the necessary things in this regard, it is important that the new born baby is sufficed for all the basic nutrition that he needs. This ensures that all of his needs are fulfilled. For example needs of the body, development and other relevant domains.
So, what are the basic nutrition for the new born babies?
This is a common question that’s been asked. Talking about the best and the most appropriate, the answer would be ‘break milk’.
- Breast Milk
This is the best nutrition that a new born baby could ever get. It contains all the essential vitamins and minerals which can suffice for the needs of the baby. It is advised that the babies are breastfed for at least 6 months. There are major advantages associated with breastfeeding the baby. It helps the baby to:
- Develop properly
- Grow in the right fashion
- Fight against the diseases
Apart from all this, it also helps the mother as well on grounds of health and general bondage with the baby.
Once a baby grows, there is an introduction of the solid food to his diet. This ensures that there is a general trend of shifting to the diet which he would consume in the later stages of his life.
The main highlights of the food which are encouraged to be fed to the child are:
- Overview of Solid Diet
There are multiple benefits to the solid diet that gets incorporated to the diet of the infant once he starts shifting from breast milk to normal diet. It is therefore, advised that the choice of the right material and nutrients is made for the notion of sufficing the infant’s requirements.
The main nutrients which are very basic for the new born are:
- Calcium – which is really important for the strengthening of bone and teeth. It is especially important because the new born babies are growing and they need proper nutrients like calcium to make healthy teeth and bones. The main sources are milk, smoothies, fortified juices etc.
- Fiber – ensures that the digestive system of the new born babies stays in the perfectly well and working condition. It can be obtained from cereals having high fiber content. Moreover, it can also be acquired from fruits and vegetables.
- Proteins – the importance of proteins cannot be further insisted by the fact that every cell in the body is made up of proteins. Thus, it is important to replenish he body with enough proteins especially in case of new born babies whose cells are developing. A very good source is eggs.
- Iron – this is really important as this is a crucial portion of blood’s constituent called hemoglobin. It helps the oxygen to bond with blood and get transported to the whole body for the purpose of different processes. It is available in spinach.